The Research Group on Technological Innovation in Productive Systems (GITASP) of the University of Girona, of a technological and medical nature, has experience in research regarding products, materials and applications where the use of technology is additive manufacturing.
The group participates in national and international research projects where additive manufacturing technologies are applied to different sectors (mainly the medical world) for the design, development and manufacture of medical tools. The implementation of the results has been made possible by the translational nature of the research group that collaborates with different players in the medical world.
The GREP Research Group in Process, Product and Production Engineering is part of GITASP. created in 1998 and made up of Doctors in Industrial Engineering and Medicine, Industrial Engineers, Computer Engineers, Industrial Design Engineers and Economists.
The GREP links the scientific collaboration in the research and training of manufacturing technologies between the UdG and EURECAT since 2006.
In summary, GITASP-UdG brings value to the XarFA in the following points:
- Modeling the behavior of material deposition technologies in order to identify the relevant parameters for the improvement of the printing process and the final properties of the printed structures.
- Design of printing equipment that improves the versatility of the process, making it possible to obtain complex structures
- Characterization of additive manufacturing processes.
- Validation of its behavior in service in two specific areas, structural and biomedical applications.
The GITASP research group offers:
- Complete facilities at the UdG, the UdG Science and Technology Park and EURECAT
- Measurement services of dimensional quality and roughness of parts
- Continuous training services for research staff and project and product managers
- Services in the development of projects related to the group’s research lines